This 2 L Stirring/Mixing Equipment Set is designed for process optimization and small-scale production. Its unique agitation mechanism with precise speed control enables a wide range of processing intensities, from light stirring to strong-vortex mixing. The bottom outlet in the 2 L Storage/Mixing Vessel and the hose inlet in the cap of the Impeller Assembly make it possible to using this Set in the flow-through recirculating configuration.
This 2 L Stirring/Mixing Equipment Set is typically used with the LSP-600 (or BSP-1200, in some cases) ultrasonic processor configured in the flow-through mode to work with liquid volumes from about 500 ml to 2 L. It can also be used for general stirring and mixing applications, including:
- Dispersing solids into liquids (e.g., mixing powders into water, dissolution, production of slurries and micro/nano-particle suspensions)
- Liquid/liquid blending (e.g., emulsifying, mixing viscous liquids with each other)
- Stirring multi-component liquids to maintain consistency during processing
The 2 L Stirring/Mixing Equipment Set includes:
- 2 L Storage/Mixing Vessel with bottom outlet
- Magnetically driven Impeller Assembly with hose inlet
- Large-Capacity Magnetic Stirrer with Hotplate to drive the impeller
Lead time to shipping: 1 week.
2 L Storage/Mixing Vessel:
- Supported volume: 500 - 2,000 ml
- Height: 290 mm
- Top opening diameter: 45 mm
- Bottom diameter: 140 mm
- Bottom outlet: pinch-valved
- Material: borosilicate glass
- Height: 330 mm
- Weight: 136.1 g
- Cap material (blue): PETG
- Cap hose inlet hole diameter: 14.5 mm
- Shaft material: 316 SS
- Impeller material (white): PVDF
Large-Capacity Magnetic Stirrer with Hotplate:
- Hotplate diameter: 9"
- Temperature range: ambient to 350 °C
- Stirring speed range: 50 - 2000 rpm
- External thermocouple: PT100-type with 35" cable
- PTFE-coated stir bar
- Electrical requirements: 110 V 60 Hz, 1-Phase, 750 W
- Hotplate material: ceramic-coated aluminum
- Dimensions: 9" x 14.5" x 4.5"
Q1. I already a magnetic stirrer. Can I purchase the storage/mixing vessel and impeller assembly separately?
Yes, but please note that not all magnetic stirrers will work correctly with these items. For best performance we recommend using this Large-Capacity Magnetic Stirrer with Hotplate. Here are the links to the individual items:
Q2. Can I use this vessel for a process other than nano-emulsification, such as extraction, dispersing or homogenization?
Yes. Please keep in mind, however, that this Equipment Set may not be suitable for viscous materials such as creams or pastes.
Q3. Can I use my own pump when using this equipment set in the flow-through mode?
Yes. With this Equipment Set, you are not restricted to any specific type of pump.
Q4. Do you have assembly instructions?
Yes. Please take a look a the below video.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection